What Computer Maintenance do you need?
Computer network support and maintenance should be an ongoing
process of preventive care.
This will allow you trouble free computing and fast, efficient
responses if you do have problems.
A well maintained computer, laptop, network or server is
easier to fix in the event of a problem. Equipment lasts longer
and does more for you if well maintained.
Maintenance of Your Individual Computer
A properly configured PC that is dedicated to the tasks you
require will have far fewer problems than a PC that:
- Is used for many different purposes (email, games, work,
- Often downloads and installs programs from the Internet.
We suggest for each PC that you:
- Decide exactly what you require from your PC and keep
this as simple as possible
- Ensure you have fully licensed copies of its operating
PC (usually MS Windows for a PC) and any other software
- Ensure correct installation procedures and good configuration
to allow you to build a stable PC
- If access to the internet is required, your PC should
have proper security and updates enabled.
To ensure you PC operates correctly:
1. Anti-Virus software is installed and active to prevent
malicious programs from entering the PC (mainly via e-mails
and downloads) and also to help scan the PC from time to
time for viruses
2. Your Anti-Virus software is kept up to date. If not updated
with the latest Virus information (definitions) then your
PC is increasingly vulnerable to attack and compromise
3. You install or add a firewall against hackers - This
can be a software version for a PC or a hardware version
such as a router for a network.
Set up a routine for on-going maintenance of your
1. Disk defragmenting will help keep data organized on
your disk and so prevent slower processing speed (disk IO
2. Deleting files and emptying your recycle bin often
will help keep your PC hard drive free and clean for unneeded
3. Regularly download updates from the internet to keep
your Anti-Virus and operating PC software up to date. (You
can even set this up automatically in many cases)
4. Make sure you do not run out of space on your main
C:/ drive as this will slow the
Network and Server Support and Maintenance
While some of the issues with network and server support
and maintenance are similar to PCs, a simple problem can cripple
your entire network. A more rigorous and proactive approach
is advisable to prevent problems before they happen.
We recommend regular checks on disk space as these can fill
up rapidly. Checks on event logs to foresee problems. Security
checks to ensure ongoing protection of your PC and data. As
- Antivirus and software patch updates
- Internet usage checks
- Configuration of security settings
Our IT Support Can Help
We provide a comprehensive computer maintenance service for
our clients in DFW. We can help remove much of your work and
worry on keeping your IT environment in good shape.
Our computer PC maintenance engineers are highly trained
and have seen most issues that can arise within a small business
network. We ensure they constantly keep up with advances in
new technologies, whether hardware of software.
We can custom tailor a total computer maintenance package
for your individual business. This can include anything you
from individual PC to Business Server maintenance, Network
maintenance, e-mail maintenance & all IT infrastructure
maintenance can all be covered as well.
If you are in the DFW Metroplex area and want additional
information on how we can help you, contact us today to find
out more about our PC and network support and maintenance
Call us at 214-717-5539 or 817-717-5539
for an appointment
Click here to Contact Us
Click here for a Quote Request
Click here for a Service Request